CXA-201-2l - Implementing Citrix XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008
Deploy and administer Citrix XenApp and its components
The 5-day Implementing Citrix XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008 provides the foundation necessary to effectively deploy and administer Citrix XenApp and its components, including Web Interface, Application Streaming, Load Manager, Installation Manager, and Secure Gateway. Learners will receive hands-on training for installing Citrix XenApp and the associated plug-ins, and for using the various administrative consoles to configure published resources, policies, individual server and server farm settings, load evaluators, printers, streaming applications and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Install Citrix XenApp
- Install and distribute Citrix XenApp Plugins for Windows software
- Create and customize Web Interface sites
- Publish applications, server desktops and content
- Configure XenApp Web and XenApp Services sites
- Configure, apply and prioritize policies in a XenApp environment
- Create and assign load evaluators
- Configure printers and printer policies and manage print drivers and printer bandwidth
- Create and configure XenApp administrator accounts and their permissions
- Configure display and SpeedScreen settings
- Configure SecureICA encryption, SSL Relay and Secure Gateway
- Install and distribute applications, service packs and hotfixes using Installation Manager
- Identify key features of the Citrix XenApp Platinum Edition additional components
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network and systems and administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments. Systems engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects are also appropriate candidates for this course.
- It is recommended that learners have experience administering Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 environments.
5 days, 8:30am-4:30pm