Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer MCPD Ultimate Bootcamp®
Build solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform
This six-day, extended hours, instructor-led Ultimate Bootcamp will provide existing .NET developers with practical information and labs that enable them to build solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform. This bootcamp is also intended for SharePoint Development professionals who are responsible for leading projects, designing solutions, and identifying problems. In this bootcamp, students learn the skills and best practices that are required to help organizations design and develop effective SharePoint applications.
After completing this Ultimate Bootcamp, students will be able to:
- Describe the SharePoint 2010 development platform and the benefits and features that it offers to developers.
- Use development tools that are integrated with the SharePoint 2010 development platform, such as Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Develop Web Parts for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop code that uses the server-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop event receivers and manipulate application settings for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop solutions that access external data by using Business Connectivity Services.
- Develop workflows as part of SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop code that uses the client-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop server ribbon controls and client dialogs for the new user interface platform of SharePoint 2010.
- Develop Microsoft Silverlight applications that are integrated with SharePoint 2010 data and solutions.
- Develop sandboxed solutions for SharePoint 2010.
- Develop code that uses the taxonomic and user profile services of the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop code that uses the content management services of the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop strategies for caching, session state, as well as design for high performance sites by limiting page size and iteration.
- Determine the most suitable presentation method, visual elements, programmatic objects and multilingual strategy which meets the design objectives.
- Evaluate available data access and storage methods and determine the appropriate implementation for the application requirements.
- Identify the pros and cons of various data capture options and specify the most effective method or combination of methods for capturing user input.
- Evaluate the use and implementation of SharePoint artifacts and determine which artifacts best meet the needs of the application requirements.
- Design processing systems to get work done in the solution.
- Create an effective strategy for implementation and deployment of custom solutions in both development and production environments.
- Create a development strategy to allow multiple developers and administrators to work together.
- Devise a strategy for developing and deploying upgrades over time as the solution evolves.
- Develop an information architecture strategy that will support flexibility and growth and a navigation strategy that fits on top of this information architecture.
- Plan a comprehensive branding strategy and determine the necessary application elements required to support that strategy.
- Design and implement a security approach which supports both code access and end-user functionality.
- Design an effective strategy for optimizing page render times and data access methods within SharePoint 2010.
- Determine the appropriate use of unit and integration tests within SharePoint and design an effective strategy for insuring maximum code reliability.
Who Should Attend
This Ultimate Bootcamp is intended for professional developers who use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1. The audience understands how to use the new features of SharePoint 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
This bootcamp is also intended for developers and development leads who will be responsible for designing custom code solutions that are deployed to SharePoint 2010 servers. To be successful in this course, the student will have at least two years of SharePoint development experience and should have experience with ASP.NET and Visual Studio 2010.
Before attending this Ultimate Bootcamp, students must have:
- An understanding of the problem-solving techniques that apply to software development
- Approximately 12 months experience with ASP.NET 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008 (or later)
- Development experience with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010 and VS2010 (includes beta releases) creating code that interacts with the SharePoint Server-side APIs
- Experience performing end user tasks with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010 and an understanding of the purpose and use of the following:
- Documents and Libraries
- Personalizing an SP page/site
- Using MySites
- Using SharePoint Designer
- Understanding of the problem-solving techniques that apply to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including the versioning of software and the management of configuration and content in a software system
- Basic knowledge of Web application architecture
- Experience in developing in a team environment
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET and Visual Studio
- Experience in SharePoint infrastructure including servers and services
- Experience in SharePoint development including the APIs and XML schemas necessary to create web parts, perform data access, and provision fields, lists, content types, etc.
6 days, 8am-6pm