SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence MCTS Ultimate Bootcamp
This five-day, extended hours, instructor-led bootcamp teaches students how to implement an Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services solution in an organization. Next, the bootcamp discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages. The bootcamp also discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database and an OLAP cube, and how to use the Analysis Services management and administrative tools to manage an Analysis Services solution. Finally, the bootcamp discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
This bootcamp prepares students for exam 70-448 TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance.
- Describe SQL Server Integration Services and its tools.
- Create an Integration Services package.
- Implement control flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement data flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement logging in an Integration Services package.
- Debug and implement error handling in an Integration Services package.
- Implement checkpoints and transactions in an Integration Services package.
- Deploy an Integration Services package.
- Manage and secure an Integration Services package.
- Describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions.
- Create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution.
- Implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution.
- Query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Customize an Analysis Services cube.
- Deploy and secure an Analysis Services database.
- Maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Implement a Data Mining solution.
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components.
- Create a Reporting Services report.
- Enhance a Reporting Services report.
- Create and manipulate data sets.
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users.
- Configure report publishing and execution settings.
- Implement subscriptions for reports.
- Administer Reporting Services.
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement integration services, analysis services, and reporting services solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Exposure to enterprise data import and export scenarios.
- Conceptual understanding of OLAP solutions.
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports.
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping)
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
5 days, 8:00am - 6:00pm