VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Advanced Troubleshooting (4-Day Class)
Troubleshooting Information Every Infrastructure Professional Needs!
Knowing what to do, when to do it, and how to do it is an essential aspect of an administrator's job. For today's infrastructure professionals working in a virtual environment, having this ability is critical for success. Participants will be immersed into live scenarios exposing students to real world issues they will encounter in the field, and learn how to hone their critical thinking skills under pressure to identify and quickly resolve issues that commonly plague infrastructure professionals. This 4 day advanced lab intensive course focuses the student on gaining the deep understanding necessary to successfully manage and troubleshoot problems inside VMware vSphere™ 5.0 virtual infrastructure environment.
- Diagnose and solve problems on ESXi by using:
- VMware vSphere™ Client and service console commands
- VMware vSphere™ Management Assistant (vMA) appliance
- ESXi technical support mode
- vCLI esxcfg- and vicfg- commands
- Configure centralized logging with vilogger and syslog
- Diagnose and solve problems with Networking, Storage, and Virtual Machines
- Diagnose and solve problems with VMware® products:
- vCenter™, vSphere™ Client, VMotion™, Storage VMotion, HA, and DRS
Additionally, Students will also gain exposure to third party tools that will simplify processes, allowing for easier monitoring of network infrastructures, and enable them to quickly mitigate problems that can arise. Each student will be
provided their own server to work on throughout the course, available 24/7.
Is the VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Advanced Troubleshooting Course Right for Me? (Prerequisites)
System administrators, engineers, and help desk personnel who need the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform advanced troubleshooting of their vSphere™ deployments.
This is an advanced course. Required prerequisites include the completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Fundamentals of Administration
- VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Advanced Administration
- VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp®
Or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESX/ESXi and vCenter™ Server
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance prior to enrolling in this course:
- Install VMware® ESXi and vCenter™
- Create and modify a standard and vNetwork Distributed virtual switches.
- Connect an ESXi host to NAS and iSCSI storage
- Create and modify VMFS datastores
- Configure and use vMotion and Storage vMotion
- Configure a VMware® DRS cluster with resource pools
- Configure a VMware® High Availability cluster
- Create and Modify virtual machines
If you are unable to complete all of these tasks, then it is recommended that you complete the prerequisite course(s) prior to enrolling in the VMware vSphere™ Troubleshooting course.